Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lofty Goals!

The other day I was chatting with Ben and this was our conversation...

me- "Ben what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Ben- " When I grow up I want to dig in the trash and find money"

Me- pause"What?"

Ben- "yeah, I think that would be fun."

Me- "maybe we can think of something else you can do"

Ben- "like what"

Me - "I don't know...anything else...baseball player, football player, construction"

Ben- "okay, I guess I will be a ROCKER" as he plays his air guitar

Me- "That sounds great" I was just happy he decided to not be homeless!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

That is so funny! Where did he get an idea like that at?

Britany said...

After you told me this this morning, I told my mom and we were laughing so hard. He is such a funny kid AND he is my favorite Ben! :)

Pam said...

Funny! My one friend worried for years because her son's career ambition was to work at McDonalds. Now he wants to be a rock star so she is worried again. Luckily my oldest is planning to be an NBA player and pay off my house for me (LOL).

Melissa said...

Hey- there is NOTHING wrong with digging in the trash to find money.

Whitney said...

I want to hang out with you and your kids. You guys are funny.

The Weights said...

Just think, one day you will be able to reflect on this conversation and laugh!! You can rest assured that it will change!

The Hall Family said...

That is really cute. But if he does figure out how to find money in the trash, that could be cool.:)